Apologies...

Image result for flooding at hershey park
Hershey Park flooded

Here in the Eastern part of the U.S. there's been rain and flooding in nearly Biblical proportions. The amount of water falling from the skies is breaking records and ruining people's fun--vacations, travel, weddings, jobs, etc. It's gotten so bad people are actually praying for the rain to stop!


Recovering tomato plant 

I feel as though I need to apologize. In the beginning of the summer, I purchased tomato and pepper plants that were basically dying. I planted them and thought of the 44, only a dozen or so would make it. I prayed they wouldn't die--whatever it took, I asked, make it happen. So about a month and a half, crazy humidity, and 8 inches of rain later, every single plant survived. Even the ones that were stunted recovered and sprouted new leaves.

Happy tomatoes

While someone is praying for sun, someone else is praying for rain. Now, after rained-out beach days and soggy weddings, I'm offering my apologies and tomato sauce. I know it won't make up for sun and sand, but I feel responsible in a small way. And I gotta get rid of this stuff! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Where I am

Writing, shoes and book reviews